How to Migrate your Site with All-in-One WP MigrationLâm Phan Đình
Migrating WordPress sites is a common and annoying task. Whether that’s between two different remote web servers, between a development server and production, or from production to local, there are lots of directions you migration might flow. All-in-One WP Migration remains the tool of choice most of the time. It’s certainly one of the best free ways to move a WordPress site.
If you recently switched over to a new host you’ll need to move you existing site. We’ll detail how to quickly move all the information from your old site on to your new host’s WordPress install (i.e. “migration”) using All in One WP Migration from ServMask. In this tutorial, we’re assuming that your old hosting hasn’t yet expired, and that you’ve already purchased a new plan and installed WordPress on your new host.
Here are the video tutorials you use in an easy and intuitive way.
And for those who like step-by-step instructions, please see the instructions below.
Move a WordPress Site to a New Host with All in One WP Migration
- Log in to your existing site’s administration area, if you aren’t already.
- Select “Plugins > Add New” from the left side menu.
- Search for “All in one WP Migration” in the top right hand search field, then click “Install Now” when you find the correct plugin from ServMask.
- Click “Activate” to tun on the plugin.
- Find the menu for “All-in-One WP Migration” (under “Tool” in the left sidebar) and select “Export”.
- Click “Export To” and then select the option for “File”.
- After the plugin has run, click the button in the pop-up window to download your file. The file that downloads will end in an extension .wpress. Changing this extension name will cause the migration to fail, so leave it as is.
- Repeat steps 1-4 on your new WordPress install that’s supported by your new post. (In short, make sure you have the plugin installed on the receiving site.)
- On your new WordPress site, select “Import” under the menu for “All in One WP Migration”.
- Drag the .wpress file you downloaded from your original site into the drag and drop window to start the import.
- Once the file has finished importing click “Continue”. Since this is a new install, you don’t need to worry about anything being overwritten.
- Once you receive confirmation that that your import has been successful, logout of your dashboard, then log back in. Don’t forget, you’ve imported all the data from your old site, which includes
- On the left side menu, select “Settings > Permalinks”, then click “Save Changes”. It’s unnecessary to edit any of the default permalink structure information.
- That’s it! Check your new site to make sure everything looks correct.
DOWNLOAD All-in-One WP Migration: https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/